On May 4th, 2022, the ASTEP ‘Application of Solar Thermal Energy to Processes’ H2020 project held its two-year General Assembly via teleconference.
The meeting brought together representatives of all 15 Consortium partners under the leadership of the Project Coordinator, Prof. Antonio Rovira, representing UNED (Spain).
The ASTEP project focuses in overcoming the current limitations of the Solar Heating for Industrial processes (SHIP). The Consortium attendees participated in the discussions mainly related to:
- Reviewing progress achieved over the first two years of the project, which started in May 2020,
- Discussions on the project overview and the effort of all partners,
- Discussions on Construction, Testing and Validation of the ASTEP Concept at Laboratory Environment and the upcoming Case studies visit (AMPT, Mandrekas),
- The 11th Scientific & Technical Committee (STC) which took place having key technical sessions and updates by WP leaders/representatives
- Discussions on dissemination, communication, exploitation, and the way forward,
- while the 2nd Innovation Committee meeting was also carried out.
The ASTEP project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under Grant Agreement No. 884411.
More information about the project and public deliverables can be accessed from: www.astep-eu.com
Author: Gianna Avgousti (EBOS)